Sunday, March 31, 2013

Neot Kedumim

 Who knew that when I went to Jerusalem I would learn how to herd sheep?! I didn't...but we definitely took a field trip to this place where we got to herd sheep, and there were goats too! They kept themselves pretty segregated though. What did I learn from this experience? Probably that I am not cut out to be a shepherd. But really, we talked about how Jesus Christ is the good shepherd and he will always help his children find their way.

We were the last group that herded and by the time the three other groups had gone, we were pretty much pro! The sheep and goats just followed our voices, and I think my hand gestures were most helpful! Looking like a movie star here...yeah yeah!

 Our group of sheepherders at the end of our experience, yes...those are real sheep...

 My favorite part of the day was getting to hold this cute little baby goat!! I wanted to take him home with us, he was too precious!

 We also got to make our own homemade pitas! Truly, they weren't very good...and all we used was water, flour, oil, and salt. So not super great, but they were fun to make ourselves!

 Jenessa definitely just got run over by this oil press before the picture was taken...

 This was our last field trip with Bro. Judd! He was such a great teacher, I absolutely loved his class!!




No comments:

Post a Comment